Venezuela devaluation to cost Halliburton $30M
As of Dec. 31, Halliburton's total net investment in Venezuela was $328 million, including $74 million in monetary assets in bolivar.
Further devaluation of the bolivar could also impact operations, the Houston-based company said.
Analysts surveyed by FactSet expected Halliburton would report earnings of 58 cents per share on revenue of $6.9 billion for the first quarter.
Halliburton shares fell 41 cents to $40.85 in afternoon trading Monday after rising earlier to a high of $41.44, its highest since August 2011.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort