Veterans group presents flag to widow in Moore
Delisa Komppa accepted the flag for her husband who was killed in Iraq in 2006.
MOORE — The Oklahoma Veterans School Flag Project presented a flag to the widow of a soldier killed in Iraq.
The flag was presented to Delisa Komppa during a ceremony at Southmoore High School. Her husband, Charles, was killed in Iraq on Oct. 25, 2006. He was assigned to the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 18 when he was killed in Anbar province.
During the presentation, students were shown the proper way to fold the American flag along with facts about the flag.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments