Video captured disabled kitchen worker at casino, fishing, building fire
A workers' compensation fraud case against Linda Lorrie Almy used video shot by a private investigator, showing Almy going about daily activities without assistance despite her claim to a doctor that her injuries required rest.
The covertly made video shows disabled kitchen manager Linda Lorrie Almy with a cane at a Tulsa medical clinic.
After she walks out with the cane, it is never seen again.
Videoview all videos
Mar 1Scott Pruitt addresses workers' comp fraud
Mar 1Private investigators use video cameras to secretly...
Photoview all 12 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The sometimes shaky video shows Almy that same day going to a convenience store, playing slots at a Muskogee casino, buying a 10-pound bag of ice and fishing and building a bonfire by a creek.
She had told the doctor she had placed herself completely at rest to decrease the pain from her surgically repaired left knee.
Unaware she had been followed by a private investigator, Almy the next month tells an attorney — under oath — that she used the cane 60 percent of the time during the day and that she hadn't been fishing for some time.
“At times, whenever I bend down, I can't get up,” she testified.
Almy had fallen while working at Eastern Oklahoma State College in Wilburton. She got total temporary disability payments for months.
Because of the video evidence and her statements, Almy was charged in Tulsa County District Court in 2011 with workers' compensation fraud.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M