Country music superstar and Oklahoma native Reba McEntire has written a new song called “Pray for Peace,” and she is inviting fans to help in creating the music video for it.
“Every time I watch the news, I’m just waiting for a story with a happy ending. And unfortunately you don’t see those stories very often,” Reba explains in the video posted below. “I find myself praying for peace, and a better outcome for the world.”
The video doesn’t reveal if “Pray for Peace” is the initial single from an upcoming album, but it does feature her singing a snippet of it in that big, beautiful voice.
“‘Pray for Peace’ is a song I wrote because I strongly believe in the power of prayer,” Reba continues. “And I’d like for you to help me with creating a video that spreads this message. I’d love to see you, your family, your friends, anyone, praying for peace.”
Fans are invited to go to “a location that shows your place in the world” and film themselves praying for peace. Videos need to be filmed horizontally, not vertically.
Here are more instructions on how to submit:
1. Invite your friends, family, co-workers, etc. to join you in spreading a message of peace.
2. Find a location that shows your place in the world – a local landmark, beautiful scenic view, etc. We want to see messages of peace from all over the world!
3. Film yourself and/or your invited friends, family, co-workers, etc. doing the “pray for peace” motions that Reba demonstrated in the above video. All you have to do is smile and do the hand motions! However, feel free to be creative and show us your personality. If you are filming with an iPhone, be sure to turn it horizontally, not vertically.
4. Upload your video to YouTube with the hashtag #PrayForPeace or use a file sharing service like Dropbox.
5. Fill out the form here that includes a link to your video. The deadline to submit your video is May 27, 2014.
6. If your video is chosen to be included, you will be notified via email by May 30, 2014.
Questions? Email at email@example.com with the subject “Pray for Peace” or go to Reba.com.