Villa ends 2nd hospital stay for kidney stones
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Barcelona says striker David Villa has been released from his second hospital stay this week to treat a case of kidney stones.
Villa spent Monday night in hospital before being sent home, only to return due to intense pain on Thursday for further medical care.
Barcelona says Villa will not be fit to play at Granada on Saturday in the Spanish league.
The 31-year-old Villa missed several games this year due to a muscle injury, and has yet to recover his starting role since returning from a long layoff because of a broken leg last summer.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister