Visitation set Thursday for Hall of Famer Musial
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A public visitation for baseball great Stan Musial will be Thursday at the Cathedral Basilica in St. Louis, with a funeral Mass on Saturday.
The St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer died Saturday at age 92 after several years of declining health.
The Cardinals announced Monday that the public visitation will be 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday. A funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, also at Cathedral Basilica. New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan, St. Louis Archbishop Robert Carlson and Bishop Richard Stika will officiate.
Following the Mass, the funeral procession will travel to Busch Stadium, where the family will lay a wreath at the base of the Musial statue. After that, a private burial is planned.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister