W.Va. couple donates $100K toward WVU art museum
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — A $100,000 donation to the new Art Museum at West Virginia University will help build its prints study and collection room.
The donors, Stuart and Stephanie Bloch of Wheeling, are longtime supporters of WVU's College of Creative Arts.
Museum director Joyce Ice says the room will be one of the distinctive features of the new building on the Evansdale campus.
Groundbreaking for the facility will occur sometime this year.
The Blochs have also created the Bloch Learning and Performance Hall, which was renovated and outfitted with the latest audiovisual technology. They've also supported various student scholarships and computer technology upgrades.
Stuart Bloch is director of Hazlett, Burt and Watson, an investment and securities firm.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in