Wade: Playing with hate cost Heat a title
MIAMI (AP) — Dwyane Wade says the Miami Heat "played off hatred" last season. That's why Wade believes the Heat failed to win the NBA title.
In an interview with Mike Krzyzewski on the Duke coach's show on SiriusXM Radio, Wade says "we wanted to win to spite people" last season, the first where he had LeBron James and Chris Bosh as teammates.
Wade continued, "I believe that's the reason we didn't win a championship."
Krzyzewski replied by saying, "That's why I love this guy."
Wade and Krzyzewski grew close during the U.S. national team's run to the 2008 Olympic gold medal in Beijing. During the interview that aired Tuesday night, Krzyzewski referred to Wade as the U.S. team's best player at the Beijing Games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 34667Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 26962Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6958OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6745Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4485OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4208Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3679College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals