Wake Forest-Florida State Capsule
Wake Forest (2-0) at No. 5 Florida State (2-0), noon (ESPN)
Line: Florida State 27 1/2.
Series Record: Florida State leads 23-6-1.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
Fifth-ranked Florida State has struggled in recent seasons against Wake Forest, losing four of the last six. Wake Forest pretty much ended the Seminoles' chances for winning the conference or get a BCS bid last year with a 35-30 win. The Seminoles are tied with Oklahoma at No. 5 in the Top 25, and this will be the Seminoles first ACC game and first vs. FBS opponents. Wake Forest goes into the game nearly a four touchdown underdog. The Demon Deacons have eked out wins of Liberty and North Carolina and now takes on a Seminole team that hasn't allowed a touchdown, albeit against inferior competition. Wake Forest has winnable games against Army, Duke and Maryland and an open date in the four weeks following the trip to Florida State.
Florida State's heralded pass rush led by junior DE Bjoern Werner will try to slow down Wake Forest quarterback Tanner Price, who was the Atlantic Coast Conference offensive back of the week for his performance in a win over North Carolina last Saturday when he completed 27 of 38 passes for a career-high 327 yards.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in