Wake Forest women rout Ga. Tech 86-67 at ACC
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Lakevia Boykin scored 21 points with four 3-pointers to help Wake Forest upset Georgia Tech 86-67 on Thursday night in the first round of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
Dearica Hamby scored 13 of her 17 points in the second half and Asia Williams added 16.
The 10th-seeded Demon Deacons (13-18) outscored Georgia Tech 50-24 in the second half and have won at least one game in five straight ACC tournaments — the league's longest such active streak.
Tyaunna Marshall had 22 points on 10-of-26 shooting and Sydney Wallace had 10 for the seventh-seeded Yellow Jackets (14-16). They led by 10 in the first half and went up 45-38 less than a minute into the second on a layup by Marshall.
Williams scored Wake Forest's next four baskets to spark the second-half surge.
Chelsea Douglas had 15 points and Sandra Garcia added 10 points and 12 rebounds for Wake Forest.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss