Walcott undergoes scans on chest injury
WEMBLEY, England (AP) — Theo Walcott is at risk of missing England's World Cup qualifier at Poland on Tuesday after being injured in a 5-0 rout of San Marino.
The Arsenal winger was forced off in the 10th minute on Friday at Wembley Stadium after hurting his chest in a challenge by San Marino goalkeeper Aldo Simoncini.
Hodgson says "it was a very bad challenge, it has put Theo Walcott in hospital ... he will be in hospital overnight having a scan. It is a chest injury."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims