Walking discouraged in OKC
I recently spent a few days with my mother in Oklahoma City, one of the most pedestrian-unfriendly cities I've ever visited. The lack of sidewalks makes it almost impossible to take a walk in your own neighborhood. You can either walk in the street or across neighbors' lawns; neither is an acceptable option.
NewsOK Related Articles
Given Oklahoma's high rate of obesity, and the correlation between physical exercise and better health, you'd think it would be a no-brainer to mandate the construction of sidewalks in all new developments. Certainly it would make it much easier for residents to step outside their homes and take a walk.
Kathleen DuHamel, Fruita, Colo.
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in