Wall rallies Wizards past 76ers after Beal injury
Martell Webster, who converted a four-point play on the Wizards' first possession of the game, also scored 16 points. Emeka Okafor had 12 points and 16 rebounds.
Beal added 14 points and Nene had 15 points and nine rebounds in his return after missing Washington's last two games due to a sore right shoulder.
Spencer Hawes had 14 points and 11 rebounds, and Evan Turner added 11 points and 10 rebounds for the 76ers. Jrue Holiday had 14 points and six assists and Thaddeus Young also scored 14 points
A.J. Price (bruised right thigh) also returned after missing Washington's last game. He scored two points on 1-of-7 shooting in 17 minutes.
For the second straight game, Royal Ivey replaced injured Nick Young (left ankle sprain) in the starting lineup and finished with four points and four rebounds in 24 minutes.
NOTES: Collins, the No. 1 pick in the 1973 NBA Draft, addressed the pressure faced by top picks, including Wall (2010). "As the years have gone on, it's even harder," Collins said. "When I got drafted, I got a phone call. 'You're drafted.' Everything is so much more magnified. There's so many more people writing. There's so many more people talking. There's so many more people comparing. Any time you add all that to the mix, it adds to that. Also, these guys come in — nobody had ever seen me play other than maybe the Olympics — we know all about these guys now even in eighth grades and freshmen in high school, so there is no unknown factor." ... Collins said he's trying to coax his players to be more vocal and cited a recent Los Angeles Clippers game. "I said, 'I watched the tape and Chris Paul took his mouthpiece out 1,022 times,'" Collins said. "Obviously, I was just making that up. But it was like constantly that he was taking it out to talk. He's blowing up every one of your plays. ... It's almost like it puts another man out on the floor."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater