Share “Warrant demanded by Vegas Strip shooting...”

Warrant demanded by Vegas Strip shooting suspect

Published on NewsOK Modified: March 14, 2013 at 5:50 pm •  Published: March 14, 2013
Advertisement

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Minutes before an extradition hearing Thursday for the suspect in a Las Vegas Strip shooting, a man he had never met sat in the courtroom with tears spilling down his cheeks.

Tehran Boldon, the brother of one victim, spoke of the toll the attack took on his family and about the wave of gun violence sweeping the country.

"If it wasn't that my brother was killed on the Strip, no one would have noticed," Boldon told The Associated Press. "Thousands of people are killed by gun violence every year. I never felt it before this. It was like it couldn't happen to our family.

"Now I feel for all victims of violent crime and gun violence," he said.

During the brief hearing, a Los Angeles judge formally identified 26-year-old Ammar Harris as the suspect wanted in the attack and chain-reaction car crash last month that killed three people.

Harris appeared in court in shackles and a blue jail uniform. He refused to waive extradition and his public defender asked that authorities produce a governor's warrant to authorize his removal to Nevada.

Continue reading this story on the...