Warrant for Sharper in La.; accused of rape

Published on NewsOK Modified: February 27, 2014 at 8:54 pm •  Published: February 27, 2014
Advertisement
;

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Arrest warrants were issued Thursday for former NFL safety Darren Sharper and another man, accusing them of raping two women in New Orleans last year.

Sharper also is under investigation in sexual assault cases in Florida, Nevada and Arizona and has pleaded not guilty to rape charges in Los Angeles.

The Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office and New Orleans Sex Crimes detectives obtained the warrants for Sharper, 38, and Erik Nunez, 26. Each faces two counts of aggravated rape, Remi Braden, a police department spokeswoman, said in a news release.

Braden said the two women were allegedly raped at the same location on Sept. 23.

"New information uncovered also indicates that Nunez also allegedly raped both women that night at the same location," she said.

Sharper's New Orleans-based attorney, Nandi Campbell, and attorney Leonard B. Levine, who represents Sharper in the California case, did not immediately return telephone calls seeking comment.

Continue reading this story on the...