Warriors rout Lakers in exhibition game
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — David Lee scored 19 points and Klay Thompson added 18 to help the Golden State Warriors beat the Los Angeles Lakers 110-83 on Sunday night in both teams' exhibition opener.
Lee scored 13 points and grabbed four rebounds in the third quarter when the Warriors outscored the Lakers 37-10, turning a nine-point halftime deficit into an 86-66 lead.
Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace and Jordan Hill scored 10 points apiece for the Lakers, who were without center Dwight Howard (back). Steve Nash had five points and three assists in his Lakers debut.
None of the Lakers' projected starters played in the second half.
Rookie Harrison Barnes and Carl Landry added 13 points apiece for Golden State. The Warriors were without starters Andrew Bogut (foot) and Stephen Curry (ankle), though both dressed.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments