Washington Examiner: 'Fiscal cliff' theater only the start of what we'll see in 2013
NewsOK Related Articles
If his first term is any indication, Obama will retaliate against congressional resistance by acting alone, as he already has by using executive power to make policy in education, welfare, labor law, the environment and immigration. He will test legal limits with new administrative changes, executive orders, memoranda and creative regulatory rulings. This will further alienate Congress and prompt still more lawsuits against his administration, like the one currently under way to unseat “recess” appointees whom he installed without confirmation last year when the Senate was not in recess.
There is something in the water in Washington — all of the wells are being systematically poisoned, and we're still only at the beginning of the process. Happy new year.
— The Washington Examiner
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M