Washington State women defeat USC 57-54
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) — Dawnyelle Awa scored 11 points and Lia Galdeira scored 10, including the go-ahead basket with just under 5 minutes to play, and Washington State held off Southern California 57-54 Friday night.
Galdeira, who also had six rebounds, made two field goals within a minute, the second one putting the Cougars ahead 49-47. They scored the next four points, three on a long-range shot by Awa, and Galdeira made a pair of free throws in the final seconds.
Washington State (9-13, 5-6 Pac-12) has won four in a row after a five-game losing streak.
Christina Marinacci led the Trojans (8-14, 5-6) with 17 points, and Ariya Crook scored 15. Cassie Harberts had just eight points on 2-of-10 shooting, but led all players with 13 rebounds for USC.
The Trojans lost their last six nonconference games, won four to begin Pac-12 play and since have dropped six of seven.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures