Washington women defeat Washington State 79-72
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) — Jazmine Davis scored 18 points, Aminah Williams had 17 points and 11 rebounds and Washington beat Washington State 79-72 on Sunday afternoon.
Davis was 4 of 9 from 3-point range. Williams was 8 of 10 from the field.
Kristi Kingma had 16 points, and Talia Walton scored 15. Mercedes Wetmore had seven assists for Washington (12-5, 4-2, Pac-12).)
Washington State led 40-36 at halftime. Washington shot 46.7 percent from the field for the game. Washington State shot 42 percent from the field but won the rebound battle 37-36. The Huskies made 18 points off Washington State's 14 turnovers.
Tia Presley led Washington State (5-12, 1-5) with 15 points, five rebounds and four steals. Sage Romberg and Lia Galdeira had 13 points apiece. Mariah Cooks added 13 points and a team-high six rebounds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in