Watonga man arrested in girl's slaying has criminal history
James “Icy” Daukei Jr., 20, of Watonga, the man arrested in connection with the death of 8-year-old Rosalin Reynolds, has pending assault and other charges against him in Blaine County, court records show.
WATONGA — James “Icy” Daukei Jr., 20, the man arrested in connection with the death of 8-year-old Rosalin Reynolds, has been in trouble with the law before, court records show.
Videoview all videos
Apr 1Several hundred people attended Rosalin Reynolds' funeral...
Mar 23Law officers have taken into custody a man wanted in...
Photoview all 10 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
At the time of his arrest, he was out on bond and awaiting trial on a Nov. 17 felony charge of assault with a dangerous weapon, a Nov. 18 misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace, and a July 21 misdemeanor charge of resisting an officer and public intoxication.
The charges were filed in Blaine County District Court after officers responded to fights involving Daukei. Bond on the weapons charge was set at $5,000, bond on the disturbing the peace charge was set at $1,000, and he was released on his own recognizance on the resisting a police officer and public intoxication charge, records show. His next court appearance was scheduled for Monday.
About the charges
The felony assault charge was filed after police were called to an Oct. 31 fight.
Police reported that after they arrived, Daukei started walking toward officers holding a three- to four-foot-long black pipe. He threatened police and threw the pipe, nearly hitting an officer, according to an arrest warrant affidavit. He then threw the top of a doghouse at the officers and asked his brother to get his dog so he could turn it loose on police.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion