Two die in separate traffic crashes on Oklahoma roads
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported two deaths on state roadways. Donal Paul Doyel Jr., 51, of Watonga, died in a head-on crash Friday night in Blaine County. James Bulter, 36, of Wagoner, died Saturday morning after a crash in Mayes County.
Two men died after traffic accidents in Oklahoma, Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Donal Paul Doyel Jr., 51, Watonga
Doyel died about 5:40 p.m. Friday after two vehicles collided in Blaine County, troopers said.
Doyel and Joshua Don Doyel, 24, of Canton, were driving northbound on State Highway 51A when a southbound vehicle tried to overtake a tractor-trailer, troopers said.
Katy Lee Edingfield, 23, of Fairview, was driving the southbound vehicle. She swerved to the left, exiting the roadway, while Doyel swerved to the right, exiting the roadway. The vehicles collided head-on, troopers said.
Donal Doyel was pronounced dead at the scene. Joshua Doyel was taken to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City. Neither were wearing seat belts, troopers reported.
Edingfield also was taken to OU Medical Center. She was wearing a seat belt, troopers said.
James Butler, 36, Wagoner
Butler died about 10:25 a.m. Saturday after two vehicles collided in Mayes County, troopers said.
Butler was driving east on Highway 412 when a southbound vehicle on a county road failed to yield at a yield sign and struck Butler's vehicle, troopers said.
Butler, who was not wearing a seat belt, died at the scene, troopers said.
The other driver, Jacob Lane Martin, 18, of Chouteau, was treated at a nearby hospital and released. Martin was wearing a seat belt, troopers said.
From staff reports
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater