Wayne St. player dies at off-campus workout
DETROIT (AP) — Wayne State University says a football player who just finished his senior season has died while at an off-campus workout.
Serxho Guraleci (SUR'-jee-oh Gur-uh-LECK'-ee) died Monday in Macomb County. He played defensive tackle at Wayne State for four seasons.
Coach Paul Winters says Guraleci's death is a "devastating loss." He says the 22-year-old was loved by everyone.
Guraleci was pursuing a degree in kinesiology and secondary education at Wayne State. He played football at Stevenson High School in the Utica school district.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims