We the People: Edmond group to examine Germans from Russia
Sharon Burns: Frede Baker will present “Identifying Germans from Russia” at the Edmond Genealogical Society at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 17 in the Edmond Historical Museum, 431 S. Boulevard, Edmond. For more information, contact Ruth Oneson Minke, EGS President at email@example.com.
Frede Baker will present “Identifying Germans from Russia” at the Edmond Genealogical Society at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 17 in the Edmond Historical Museum, 431 S Boulevard, Edmond. For information, email Ruth Oneson Minke, EGS President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tulsa group to meet
The Tulsa Genealogical Society will meet at 7 p.m. Sept. 17 at Briar Village Shopping Center, 9136 E 31, Tulsa. Janice Meredith, Jae Jaeger and Dorothy Becknell will present “What Did You Discover This Summer on Your Genealogy Journey?” Topics will include brick walls, conferences and new resources to aid in the research process.
The society has more than 300 court journals beginning with statehood (1907) in their library. Included in the journals are criminal, civil, divorce and rights of majority cases and other cases coming before the district court judge in Tulsa County.
Indexes for Vol. 1 to 5, which includes Superior Court Journal 2 (Oct. 1913 — Oct. 1914) and pre-statehood Indian Territory Journal 18 (Oct. 1904 — May 1905), are available online at www.tulsagenealogy.org. The newest publication, “Tulsa County District Divorce Index,” Vol. 6, index is now available online. For more information, go to www.tulsagenealogy.org.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister