The 2014 Oklahoma Genealogical Society Family History Story Writing Contest entries are due Feb. 28, 2014. There is no entry fee and membership in the society is not required. Rules are as follows:
1. Stories must be typed in a standard font — not italic or script, double-spaced on one side of standard, 8.5-inch-by-11-inch paper. Entries must be less than 2,500 words, not including attached documents.
2. Story title and page number must be in the upper right corner of each page.
3. The entry form must include the story title, your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and approximate word count. This information will be used to identify and notify the winners when manuscripts are returned from judging.
4. Indicate that you have researched the events by citing your sources as footnotes or endnotes, and attach copies (not originals) of the documentation, which is not included in word count.
5. Family group sheets and pedigree charts should be included if pertinent (also not included in word count).
6. Stories must be original and unpublished at time of entry.
Professor Discusses 1 Tip To Match 5 MegaMillion Winning Numbers.
For more information about the Family History Story Writing Contest, contact Denise Slattery, Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.