The Oklahoma Genealogical Society 2014 Family History Story Writing contest recently was announced. There is no entry fee and membership in OGS is not required.
Contest Rules are:
1. Stories must be typed in a standard font, double-spaced on one side of standard letter-size 8.5-by-11 inch paper. Entries must be less than 2,500 words, not including attached documents.
2. Story title and page number must be shown in upper right corner of each page.
3. The entry form must include the story title, approximate word count, author's name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
4. Indicate that you have researched the events by citing sources as footnotes or endnotes, and attach copies of the documentation.
5. Family group sheets and pedigree charts should be included if pertinent.
6. Stories must be original and unpublished at time of entry.
7. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope so your manuscript and the judges' comments can be returned to you.
8. Submit entry form with four printed copies and one electronic copy on CD of your story at the January or February OGS meeting, or by mail postmarked no later than Feb. 28.
Continue reading this story on the...
MORE FROM NEWSOK
If you have a question, event, idea or an experience you wish to share, email Sharon Burns at email@example.com.