Weatherford man arrested in Walmart dressing room
WEATHERFORD — A Weatherford man was arrested in a Walmart dressing room Thursday after trying to arrange meetings with underage girls for sex, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
The OSBI's Crimes Against Children Unit and Weatherford police arrested William Cantrell, 22, on five complaints of lewd or indecent proposals to a child under 16 and two complaints of violation of the Oklahoma computer crimes act, the OSBI reported.
Agents posing as children between the ages of 9 and 13 communicated via computer with Cantrell, who asked them to send him nude photos of themselves, to perform sex acts on themselves and to meet him for sex.
Cantrell set up a meeting at a dressing room at the Walmart where he worked, the OSBI reported.
He was arrested and booked into the Weatherford jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims