Wes Welker’s wife apologizes for Facebook post dissing Ray Lewis
Former Heritage Hall standout and Patriots receiver Wes Welker’s wife took to Facebook to take a few shots at Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on Sunday following the Patriots’ 28-13 loss in the AFC Championship Game.
Videoview all videos
Jan 22Former Heritage Hall standout and Patriots receiver Wes...
Photoview all photos
“Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis’ Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!” Anna Burns Walker said.
The post has since been deleted and she issed a statement to Larry Brown Sports apologizing:
“I’m deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday’s game.
“It’s such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams.”
From wire reports
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims