West Ham, Sunderland draw 1-1 in Premier League
LONDON (AP) — Kevin Nolan rescued a point for West Ham with a late strike against Sunderland that secured a 1-1 draw in the Premier League at Upton Park on Saturday.
Steven Fletcher opened the scoring for the visitors in the ninth minute when he slotted the ball into the bottom right corner.
It was the Scottish forward's fourth goal in the three league games he has played for Sunderland since moving from relegated Wolverhampton Wanderers in the offseason.
Sunderland, which came into the game without a win in 11 league matches, held on to the lead until the third minute of injury time when Nolan struck. The visitors have now drawn nine of their past 12 league matches.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in