West Virginia football: Mountaineers have tough stretch to start Big 12 play
Videoview all videos
Feb 14What are some of the big changes for the 2012 football...
Feb 14The Cowboys have released their football schedule, and...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* Non-conference: West Virginia will be heavily favored in all three non-league games (Marshall, James Madison and Maryland). None are on the road.
* Soft finish: If the Mountaineers can stay in the race the first two months they could be in good shape. West Virginia closes league play against Iowa State and Kansas, which will probably be picked ninth and 10th.
* Key stretch: Following a Big 12 opener at home against Baylor, back-to-back road games at Texas and Texas Tech will set the tone. But the Mountaineers' tell-tale stretch is in November. Following a bye week, WVU will host TCU on Nov. 3 followed by a high profile game at Oklahoma State and a home game against Oklahoma.
By Mike Baldwin
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater