Westmoore comes back in second half, beats Norman North
NORMAN — Once Trevor Thompson started throwing the ball to his own receivers, the Westmoore Jaguars started rolling Friday night.
Thompson threw three interceptions in the first half but rebounded to toss three touchdown passes after halftime, leading the unbeaten Jaguars to a 28-17 win over Norman North at Harve Collins Field.
Videoview all videos
Sep 17Millwood senior Marc Robinson talks about beating Bishop...
Photoview all 41 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Thompson completed 20 of 35 passes for 210 yards and was complemented by running back Austin Richards, who had 22 carries for 160 yards, including a 63-yard run in the first quarter that provided Westmoore's only first-half points.
Norman North (1-2) lost starting quarterback Peyton Gavras to an apparent concussion on the third play of the second quarter. Backup Chad Ehrhart came in and threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Trey Wormington to put the Timberwolves up 17-7 with 16 seconds left in the first half.
But little went right for Norman North after that. The Timberwolves had just three first downs in the second half and didn't cross midfield. Trailing 21-17, the Timberwolves almost pulled off a successful double pass, but Corbin Cleveland – behind every Westmoore defender – couldn't hang onto a perfectly thrown ball by Channing Meyer.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims