Westmoore switching to a 3-4 defense
With a solid group of linebackers returning, and Joseph Ross taking over as defensive coordinator, Westmoore is switching to a 3-4 look. The most prominent of the Jaguars' linebackers is Josh Morgan,
NewsOK Related Articles
Junior Lexus Lee returns at the slot position.
“He's not super super fast but he's really athletic,” Langford said.
Junior Austin Dodd and sophomore Colin Morris are among the players Langford is looking toward to fill the other holes.
“We've got some good prospects there but until I see them do it during the Moore War or Southwest Showdown or games like that, we won't know for sure,” Langford said.
The Jaguars also return both of their starting running backs, including Austin Richards, who ran for more than 1,350 yards as a junior. Kieron Hardrick also returns there.
“Austin might not have that big of a number this year because Jhames is going to get some of those carries but I look for his average, which has been right at five yards per carry, to creep up a bit,” Langford said. “We don't have to bang on him and we'll be able to keep his fresh this year.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort