What are they thinking giving tanks to Egypt?
After years of exposure to the weird and ofttimes hard-to-understand decisions arrived at in “Foggy Bottom” (the U.S. State Department), I thought I was immune to surprise. But one of the latest decisions has me wondering. With many of the countries in the Middle East experiencing rebellion and others exhibiting unrest, the possibility of a war involving Israel becomes more likely each day. So what do the brains in Washington, D.C., decide but to give Egypt 200 of our top-of-the-line Abrams tanks! The current situation in Egypt would lead me to believe they would likely be opponents of Israel. What are we thinking?
NewsOK Related Articles
Bill Rupert, Midwest City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M