What they're saying about OSU donor Boone Pickens: ‘it was kind of the perfect storm'
Offensive coordinator Todd Monken: “Boone, and a number of others who stepped forward, made a commitment to changing the face of the football program. I don't know how you can describe it. To make that commitment is amazing. It came from almost all private dollars, at least close to it. And that's almost unheard of.”
Videoview all videos
Jul 7Jenni Carlson and Mike Sherman talk about the possibility...
Jun 17Did Les Miles pave the way to where OSU Football is today?
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Special teams coordinator Joe DeForest: “Because of Boone, you get other big-time people on board. I think there was so much momentum that people got excited. And they saw progress, and anytime there's progress it's easier to give.”
Athletic director Mike Holder: “It's amazing the difference one or two guys can make in the future of something. It was kind of the perfect storm. Two guys that were tired of watching Oklahoma State flounder in football with one of them being in position to do something about it monetarily and one guy who, eventually, was in position on campus as a leader.”
Boone Pickens on his timeline of success: “I didn't have a year-by-year how many wins but I did say to (Coach Mike) Gundy last year, this ‘Being competitive' has moved closer to ‘We need to win.' I'd say everything is on schedule.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive