Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
What to do if you stay home
So you’ve decided to stay close to home. What do you do? It’s up to you.But there are plenty of opportunities if you know where to look. Here are some to consider: • Go to a water park. • Go to a local festival. • Get together with friends. • Have a picnic. • Go to the movies. • Visit local museums. • Attend a sporting event. • Go to the best restaurant in town. • Spend a day at the park. • Go to a nearby amusement park. • Take a nap in a hammock or lounge chair. • Read your favorite magazine. • Read the newspaper. • Watch a TV program. • Go the swimming pool. • Go to the zoo. • Spend a day at the lake. • Go fishing. • Go for a walk. • Take a bicycle ride. • Go camping. • Rent a movie. • Take a day trip. • Visit an aquarium. • Have a leisurely lunch on a patio. • Have a cookout. • Read a book. • Try exercising. • Play a musical instrument. • Listen to your favorite music while relaxing. • Play games with the family. • Have a treasure hunt. • Take a drive. • Make a scrapbook. • Take pictures. • Write — a letter, a journal, a note. • Go horseback riding. • Build something. • Visit a spa. • Be a local tourist and see what your town or city has. • Plan a theme day. • Plan a night activity. • Talk.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 66578Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31563Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30900Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17837Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7407Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6371Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4655Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond