→Make sure your food and water is safe. Discard items that have come in contact with floodwater, including canned goods, water bottles, plastic utensils and baby bottle nipples. When in doubt, throw it out.
→Keep power off until an electrician has inspected your home for safety.
→Prevent mold by removing wet contents immediately. Wear gloves and boots to clean and disinfect. Wet items should be cleaned with a pine-oil cleanser and bleach, completely dried and monitored for several days for any fungal growth.
→If you use well water, make sure you take the proper steps to disinfect your well. For more information about disinfecting water wells, contact the state Department of Environmental Quality.
Sources: State Department of Environmental Quality, state Health Department, American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma, Oklahoma City-County Health Department and FloodSmart.Gov.