What would you do if Jesus came to your house? (Part I)
As we prepared to eat with relatives and friends at Thanksgiving, I wondered what would be different if we knew Jesus was coming for dinner.
"I would ask Jesus how he obeyed his parents all the time when he was on Earth," says Adrienne, age 8.
This may seem like the biggest miracle Jesus ever performed. Parents are not perfect, but God has granted them authority over their children. Though he was God, Jesus listened to the voice of his heavenly father and even obeyed his earthly parents.
"I would let him pray before we ate our dinner," says Nayha, 11. "If I could, I would not get into a fight with my younger brother while Jesus was there."
"I would yell, 'Mom, Jesus is having dinner with us tonight,' " says Matthew, 11. "She wouldn't believe it until she saw him. Then, she would say 'hello.' Then, she would faint."
"I would be so nervous," says Kalyn, 8. "I would dress up in my fanciest clothes. Then, I would cook something delicious. And when Jesus came, I would run and jump in his lap."
What's for dinner?
"I would cook him stuff he never had 2,000 years ago. I would probably fix him pizza," says J.T., 8.
What's for dessert?
"There would be a big fluffy angel food cake for dessert," says Meghan, 9. "There would be no chocolate devil's-food cake or deviled eggs at my table."
"I would make a banana-coconut Popsicle," says Emily, 8. "Then, we would talk about heaven. Then, I guess he would have to go home."
"I would hug him," says Lauren, 6. "I would invite him to spend the night. I would ask him to pull my tooth."
"I would like to ask Jesus, 'What is it like in heaven? What are angels made out of?' " says Katrina, 8.
"I would ask, 'How did you make people?' " says Matthew, 7.
"I would ask, 'Did you have fun walking on the water, doing miracles and talking to people about God?' " says Jessellyn, 10.
"I would want to do things that on Earth are considered nice like a good meal, expensive clothes and a nice house," says Annie, 11.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister