What's the Kevin Durant movie's plot? Every Thunder fan's worst nightmare
It sounds like a Thunder fan's worst nightmare.
Kevin Durant loses all his talent and mysteriously morphs from an NBA scoring champ into having the skills of a teenage scrub who's so bad he can't make his high school squad.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Ah, but fear not, Thunder faithful.
It's only a movie.
Durant is only acting out that transformation in his upcoming release “Switch,” a family friendly film in which Durant will play himself and an unsuspecting kid (Disney star Taylor Gray) receives Durant's skills and becomes ‘The Man' at his high school.
The film, which is produced by Warner Bros., has been granted license to use NBA property, meaning Durant will actually star for the Thunder rather than some generic professional basketball outfit. It also means real game footage of Thunder contests can be used.
Durant recently spent nearly two weeks in Baton Rouge, La., filming the movie, which is scheduled to hit select theaters in early 2012. By all accounts, the two-time scoring champion has real skills as an actor.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond