Where to find Oklahoma Farmstead and Artisan cheeses:
• Christian Cheese Kingfisher: The Christian family run this dairy and produce a wide variety of cheddar cheeses. They raise dairy cattle and produce their own milk for the cheese they make. RR 1 Box 152 Kingfisher, (405) 375-6711, christiancheese.homestead.com.
• Kingfisher Cheese: This company makes 23 varieties of cheddar cheeses including blackberry cheddar. They are located at 601 Starlite Drive in Kingfisher, mycheesefactory.com.
• Loma Dairy: Dairyman Stanley Johnson makes Monterey Jack, Colby, cheddar, Gouda and havarti. The farm is located in Wyandotte near the Arkansas border. This family run farm and dairy raises Jersey cows to produce both hard and soft farmstead cheeses. Their cheeses can be found at The Meat House in Edmond, and Cherry Street Farmer's Market and Petty's Foods in Tulsa.
• Lovera's Italian Market: Makes their unique Caciocavera, a soft blend of mozzarella and provolone seasonally and creamy cheese spreads including one infused with sun-dried tomatoes. This legendary Italian market is located in Krebs. Call (800) 854-1417l; online at loverasmarket.com
• Deli Delites Distributing Co., (405) 793-9571. www.delidelites.com
• Swan Brothers Dairy, 938 E 5th St. in Claremore; (918) 341-2298 or at the dairy where customers can see milking each day from 3 to 5 p.m. Cheese is available through the Urban Agrarian Market in Oklahoma City.
• Wagon Creek Creamery: Ron and Barbara Crain make yogurt cheese, mozzarella, Jack cheese and ricotta. Helena, OK, (580) 496-2447, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Watonga Cheese Factory & Retail Store, 2018 S Main St., Perryton, Tex., (806) 648-4310.