Oklahoma State football: Which Cowboy stands to benefit the most vs. Kansas?
In today's point/counterpoint, The Oklahoman's John Helsley and Gina Mizell debate which Cowboy benefits the most today?
* John Helsley: Desmond Roland
Videoview all videos
Oct 11Here are the three things Cowboy fans and player need to...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
If the rout is on in Lawrence, as expected, Desmond Roland will rejoice.
Joseph Randle will get his. And Jeremy Smith will get his.
And by all indications, there will be plenty of touches left over for Roland, the sophomore running back who continues to earn the confidence and praise of Cowboys coaches.
Remember, it was in a similar situation a year ago, with OSU clobbering KU early, that Herschel Sims earned a decent workload and provided his career highlights, before his career flamed out due to legal issues.
This time it'll be Roland, who has impressed with his limited opportunities this season.
On the road, if the Cowboys can get a big lead in the second half, they'll lean on the running game to keep the chains and the clock moving and expedite the return trip home.
And Roland will rejoice.
* Gina Mizell: Backup cornerbacks
Facing a struggling Kansas team should give starting cornerbacks Justin Gilbert and Brodrick Brown the chance to make big plays, something that has been lacking from a duo that has disappointed so far in the early season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments