Whiskey Cake, a Plano, Texas, restaurant, to open location at Penn Square Mall
Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar in Plano, Texas, is expected to open its second location at 1845 Northwest Expressway this April.
Texas restaurant has OKC plans
A Dallas-area restaurant concept focused on local ingredients and craft cocktails will open this spring at Penn Square Mall.
Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar in Plano is expected to open its second location in the former Elephant Bar at 1845 Northwest Expressway this April. “We have a real rustic down home feel,” John Franke, director of operations, said of the concept.
Menu items include deviled eggs, burgers, soups, salads, fish and, of course, whiskey cake. Dishes vary depending on the season and what ingredients are locally available, Franke said.
The restaurant also emphasizes its cocktails: the bar is at the front, and the operators make exclusive deals with whiskey distilleries and have their own ice program, including ice balls for high-end scotches.
Whiskey Cake plans to expand its brand up the Midwest corridor and is interested in opening locations in Kansas and Missouri next.
From Staff Reports
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M