White House promises not to veto "no budget, no pay" proposal
President Obama would sign a bill that raised the debt ceiling in exchange for passing a budget, according to a top White House adviser, despite his previous refusal to negotiate over the debt ceiling.
“You’re not going to veto a three-month extension, are you?” Fox News’ Chris Wallace asked White House senior adviser David Plouffe.
“No, we think that this was progress,” Plouffe replied.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss