White Sox outright Olmedo to Triple-A
CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago White Sox infielder Ray Olmedo was sent outright to Triple-A Charlotte on Wednesday and will become a minor league free agent.
The 31-year-old Olmedo appeared in 20 games with the White Sox this season, going 10 for 41 with one RBI and eight runs scored.
The White Sox have 39 players on their 40-man roster.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort