Who are Oklahoma's workers' compensation judges?
When disputes occur between injured workers and their employers over medical treatment or how much a worker should be paid for an injury, they can turn to the Workers' Compensation Court and let one of the 10 judges decide what is fair.
NewsOK Related Articles
David P. Reid
Reid, of Tulsa, was appointed to the court by Henry in September 2010. He was a legal intern for the Oklahoma Supreme Court while in law school and subsequently served as a law clerk for the United States Bankruptcy Court in Oklahoma's eastern district. He has served as a certified mediator for the Workers' Compensation Court and spent 30 years in private practice in Tulsa and Okmulgee. During the first 13 years, he represented workers and employers, while during the last 17 years he represented primarily employers before the court.
Bob Lake Grove
Grove, who was born and raised in Le Flore County, was appointed to the court by Henry in 2008. He previously had worked as an assistant district attorney in Oklahoma County, as a private attorney and as a trial attorney for CompSource Oklahoma. While he was a prosecutor, he served as an instructor at the Oklahoma City Police Academy and served as a spokesman for the district attorney.
Eric W. Quandt
Quandt was appointed to the Workers' Compensation Court by Henry in July 2008. Before becoming a judge, he worked 20 years in private practice, including 17 years as a sole practitioner.
Michael J. Harkey
Harkey was appointed to the court in 2006 by Henry. He was reappointed by Henry in 2008. He was in private practice before becoming a workers' compensation judge.
William R. Foster Jr.
Foster was appointed to the court in 2008 by Henry. Foster previously worked as a judicial clerk for the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals from 1999 to 2008 and as an attorney for the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System from 1993 to 1999. He earlier worked in private practice in Nashville, Tenn.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community