Why and How to Use Earthquake Straps
For additional safety, you might want to consider installing barrier straps or strips at the front of the furniture if it’s open or has doors that might easily swing out. These prevent items from tipping out in the event of an earthquake; for something like a bookcase, this can prevent injuries and a huge mess if the bookcase stays in place but all the books go flying. In the case of items like china and antique cabinets, the straps will prevent catastrophic damage to prized household items that might otherwise topple out during an earthquake. Adhesive gels and tapes are also available for specialty items like sculptures.
s.e. smith writes for Networx.com.View original post.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims