Why did God create boys?
Eldredge challenges other misconceptions about God's love when he says: "God's love is a love that leaps on you from the dark and wrestles with you through the night as in the case of Jacob. God is not safe, but he's good.
"A stallion is wild at heart. Geldings are safe, but they don't give life. We have taken away man's masculine heart, and then we tell him to be productive."
Teddy, 10, gets to the heart of God's love when he says: "God made boys because he is a boy. Another possible reason is he wanted his son to die on the cross."
Deep in his heart, every man wants to be a hero. A true hero offers his strength to rescue those in need. Jesus did just that when he fought and won the battle over Satan, sin and death.
True masculinity requires humility. Jesus humbled himself by submitting to a humiliating death. We humble ourselves when we believe in the Lord Jesus for salvation. We depend on him instead of our own efforts.
The strength of man is of no avail in becoming a Christian. Human power is of no use in trying to live the Christian life. Both require trading imagined strength for God's grace and power. Only God can make a man a true hero.
Listen to a talking book, download the "Kids Color Me Bible" for free, watch Kid TV Interviews and travel around the world by viewing the "Mission Explorers Streaming Video" at www.KidsTalkAboutGod.org. Bible quotations are from the New King James Version. To find out more about Carey Kinsolving and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers, visit the Creators Syndicate website at www.creators.com.
(c)COPYRIGHT 2013 CAREY KINSOLVING
DISTRIBUTED BY CREATORS SYNDICATE INC.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in