Why Kansas should have Texas Tech on upset alert
BIG 12 UPSET SPECIAL – Texas Tech's arrival in Lawrence provides the Kansas Jayhawks with a rare opportunity.
Much has been made about Kansas' porous run defense, which gave up 604 rushing yards to Georgia Tech. But Texas Tech gave up 312 rushing yards last week to Nevada, which isn't Georgia Tech.
Videoview all videos
Sep 30Who will win Clemson or Virginia Tech? OU or Ball State.
Sep 30Berry and Mike answer your emails on: Big 12...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Trying to recover from a disastrous 3-9 season in 2010, Kansas has rode offense to a 2-1 start, albeit victories over Northern Illinois and McNeese State. The Jayhawks are averaging 235 rushing yards a game.
“I'm concerned about everybody's running game,” Tech coach Tommy Tuberville said. “We ain't stopped anybody yet. They play four good running backs, and they have a big offensive line. I'm sure they're looking at the film and chomping their gums and can't wait for us to get there.”
Tech is 8-11 in Big 12 road games going back to the start of the 2006 season; 5-10 discounting Tech's great 2008 team. The Jayhawks are 7 1/2-point underdogs, but this is rare opportunity for KU. Let's go with Kansas.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion