Why you shouldn't tell store clerks your ZIP code
From NBC News: When it comes to paying with plastic at the cash register, you know the drill.
A quick swipe, a signature and the contents of your shopping cart are yours. But sometimes the cashier asks for one more thing: “May I have your ZIP code, please?”
You may think it’s necessary to complete the transaction or it may seem like a harmless piece of information to give out, so you go ahead and reveal it.
But that simple decision can result in more junk mail heading your way.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister