Why you shouldn't tell store clerks your ZIP code
From NBC News: When it comes to paying with plastic at the cash register, you know the drill.
A quick swipe, a signature and the contents of your shopping cart are yours. But sometimes the cashier asks for one more thing: “May I have your ZIP code, please?”
You may think it’s necessary to complete the transaction or it may seem like a harmless piece of information to give out, so you go ahead and reveal it.
But that simple decision can result in more junk mail heading your way.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation