Wigan out of drop zone after 3-0 win at Reading
READING, England (AP) — Wigan rose out of the Premier League relegation zone on Saturday after Arouna Kone scored twice in as many minutes in a 3-0 win at Reading.
The Ivory Coast striker found the net in the 44th and 45th minutes at Madjeski Stadium to reach 10 goals in all competitions since joining Wigan from Spanish club Levante for a reported €3.5 million transfer fee at the start of the season.
Left back Maynor Figueroa made it 3-0 only three minutes after the break, and it got worse for Reading when striker Pavel Pogrebnyak received a straight red card in the 55th minute for violent conduct.
Wigan lifted two spots to 17th and out of the drop zone on goal difference. Reading dropped a place to 19th.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims