Wildcats, Mean Green have had memorable contests
MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) — Kansas State has certainly had some memorable games against North Texas.
There was that narrow win in 1989 that snapped a long winless streak, the first win under Bill Snyder. And there was another close win two years ago that allowed Kansas State to qualify for a bowl game in Snyder's second season back from a brief retirement.
The No. 15 Wildcats don't figure to have as much problem with the Mean Green on Saturday.
Kansas State is coming off blowout wins over Missouri State and Miami, and is tuning up for a showdown with fifth-ranked Oklahoma. North Texas lost to LSU in its season opener before beating lower-division Texas Southern last weekend.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 31709Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22246Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7126OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6322Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5037OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4484Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3553Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater