Will emotions lead to gun ban?
The Second Amendment gives people the right to keep and bear arms. The Founders knew “a free people are an armed people.” Tyrants such as Hitler, Stalin and Mao understood that totalitarian dictatorships are almost impossible to create when citizens can shoot back. However, when a major terrorist act or crime occurs, citizens may demand solutions at any cost. Will our representatives and senators in this emotional moment caused by the terrible tragedy in Connecticut be pressured to surrender our Second Amendment rights? What would President Obama do? His past actions undermined congressional authority, the economy, our military power and the rule of law. What would Obama do to America and its citizens if guns are banned?
NewsOK Related Articles
Allen H. Wise, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins